Friday, August 10, 2012

Fall Reading List

I had so much fun with the summer reading list, but I didn't get to finish all my titles. I thought I'd try to make a list of books I'd like to read by the end of the year. You can read along or offer suggestions. Also, I plan to disappear from normal human life the day Junot Diaz's new book comes out, in case you are wondering.


Fiction:
This is How You Lose Her -- Junot Diaz
East of Eden -- John Steinbeck (for real this time)

Nonfiction: 
How to Be a Woman -- Caitlin Moran
Class Meetings That Matter 9-12 -- Susan Limber
Teachers Have it Easy: The Big Sacrifices and Small Salaries of America's Teachers -- Dave Eggers, Daniel Mouthrop, Ninivie Calegari
Conscious Classroom Management -- Rick Smith
Classroom Instruction that Works -- Robert J. Marzano, Debra J. Pickering, Jane E. Pollock

Young Adult Lit
Little Brother X -- Cory Doctorow
Divergent -- Victoria Roth

That's kind of a lot, so we'll see how it goes! I hope y'all read along.

No comments: